Bluestone is a popular natural stone with blue and grey shades of color. It is widely used in the landscaping industry for garden paths, poolsides, patios, driveways, etc. It is a versatile material that has the potential to increase the aesthetic appeal of your house.
Types of Bluestone:
There are two types of bluestone:
- Natural Bluestone – These are natural-looking stones with multiple irregularities. It is non-slippery and is available in various styles, colors, patterns, shapes, and sizes. Moreover, it is inexpensive and cost-efficient. Its installation and finishing process is also easy.
- Thermal Bluestone – It is smooth and has an unnatural surface. It is obtained from the deep layer of earth and then treated with heat. Due to the thermal process that it undergoes, it is a bit costly than natural bluestone.
Advantages of Bluestone:
Now let’s look at the benefits of bluestone.
- It is safe – It can prove safe in the areas that often get wet and slippery. It is used around the pool because of its non-slippery texture. Its rough texture also makes it last longer.
- It is durable – When remodeling your house, you always look for those materials that are durable. And why not, after all, you are going to invest your hard-earned money in it. So, when looking for a durable natural stone for your landscape, bluestone is the best choice that you can make. Its hardness and dense composition are something that increases its longevity.
- It is available in different dimensions – Good thing about bluestone is that it is available in various dimensions and thicknesses. For this reason, it is used in commercial and residential construction projects.
- It is easy to install – The installation process of bluestone is straightforward. Also, it is flatter when compared to other natural stones and is thus called slate.
- It is available in a wide range of colors – A variety of color options are available with . You can find colors like grey, blue, yellow, purple, and green. Thus you can select the one that matches the exterior of your house or office.
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of property – Installation of bluestone makes your house look more beautiful. Also, it is in demand these days because of the charm that it adds to the property.
- It is cost-effective – What else you want? A natural stone that is durable and enhances the look of your home is cost-effective too.
Remember, while installation, it should be sealed properly because of its porous property. Otherwise, it will hold water, and its look will be compromised. Furthermore, before sealing is done, make sure that all the stains are removed from the stone. A professional bluestone installer knows all this beforehand and hence provides only the best to the clients.